RCW: Inside Men's Basketball 3.16
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
With its 89-72 win against former conference foe Nebraska on Dec. 10, Kansas won its 750th game in Allen Fieldhouse. KU is 750-109 with an 87.3 winning percentage all-time in the historic venue.
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas continues to be one of the best shooting teams in the country. KU ranks third nationally in field goal percentage at 52.8 percent and sixth in 3-point field goal percentage at 43.1 percent.
- Kansas has averaged 8.7 blocked shots in its last three games, including a season-high 12 in the win against Nebraska (12/10). The 12 blocks were the most since KU had 13 rejections against San Diego State on Jan. 5, 2014.
- In Kansas’ current nine-game winning streak, the Jayhawks have posted six-straight double-figure margin victories in their last six wins.
- Senior G Frank Mason III has led Kansas in scoring in eight of 10 games this season, including each of the last three contests. Mason also has 25 assists and only three turnovers in his last four games, including 12 dimes and no turnovers in the past two KU outings.
- Junior G Devonte’ Graham has made 13 3-pointers in his last two games and leads Kansas in steals with 17 this season.
- Freshman G Josh Jackson had five of Kansas’ 12 blocked shots against Nebraska (12/10). Jackson’s 15 blocked shots this season are second on the team, three behind fellow frosh Udoka Azubuike’s 18.