RCW: Inside Men's Basketball 3.17
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Kansas’ win against Davidson, 89-71, in the Jayhawk Shootout presented by Shawnee Mission Health on Dec. 17 marked KU’s 10th-straight victory. Under Bill Self, Kansas has won 10 or more consecutive games a mindboggling 15 times.
- Senior G Frank Mason III tied for the team high with 18 points in the win versus Davidson (12/17). Mason has scored 18 or more points in 10 of 11 games this season. At 20.3 points per game, Mason is second in the league in scoring.
- Mason’s 18 points against Davidson (12/17) moved him past Mario Chalmers for 28th on KU’s all-time scoring list with 1,355.
- Freshman G Josh Jackson has led Kansas in rebounds four times and paces the Jayhawks with 6.3 boards per game. Jackson ranks 11th in the Big 12 in rebound average.
- Jackson is KU’s second-leading scorer at 15.1 points per game which leads the Big 12 freshman class and ranks seventh overall in the league.
- Kansas has won by an average of 23.6 points in its last nine games, all KU wins.
- With the win Dec. 17, Kansas won its seventh-straight game in Sprint Center, including a 3-0 record in 2016-17. The Jayhawks are 34-6 all-time in the venue.
- Kansas holds the nation’s active longest home court winning streak at 49 games – 46 in Allen Fieldhouse and three in Sprint Center.