RCW: Inside Men's Basketball 3.23
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Kansas senior Frank Mason III started his 100th-consecutive game in ESPN Big Monday’s 84-80 overtime win against West Virginia on Feb. 13. Mason is tied for fifth all-time in consecutive games started at KU with Jacque Vaughn (1994-97).
Notes QUICK HITS
- Senior Frank Mason III’s team-high 24 points against West Virginia (2/13) marked the 19th game in 2016-17 that he has led KU in scoring. Mason also has 14 games of 20 or more points, including three 30-point efforts.
- Freshman Josh Jackson was named the Big 12 Player of the Week for the second time this season on Monday. Jackson has been named either Big 12 Player or Newcomer of the Week seven times so far in 2016-17, which ties the most by a Jayhawk with Nick Collison from 1999-2000 to 2002-03.
- Jackson has five double-doubles in the last six games.
- Senior Landen Lucas pulled down 13 rebounds against West Virginia (2/13) to mark the 10th time this season he has pulled down 10 or more rebounds in a game.
- Kansas went 33-for-44 (.750) from the free throw line in the overtime win against West Virginia (2/13). The free 33 throws made were a season high.
- In its game against West Virginia on ESPN Big Monday, Feb. 13, Allen Fieldhouse set the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS ® title for loudest crowd roar at an indoor sporting event. The fans reached a level of 130.4 decibels before tip-off of the game. The previous record was 126.4 when Kansas was at Kentucky on Jan. 28, 2017.