RCW: Inside Men's Golf 3.11
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Junior Daniel Hudson posted three rounds under par at Quail Valley to lead the Jayhawks and earn his second top-20 finish of the season.
Notes QUICK HITS
- The win streak for Kansas men’s golf came to an end as the Jayhawks finished in ninth place at the Quail Valley Collegiate Invitational that took place October 24-25.
- Catching fire on the back nine, sophomore Jake Scarrow bounced back from struggles and was able to collect four birdies to finish the final round at one-under-par.
- Junior Daniel Sutton led the Jayhawks going into the final day sitting at one-under-par.
- For the first time this season, senior Chase Hanna did not place inside of the top-15 after struggling throughout the event.
- However, Hanna was one of two Jayhawks to post an eagle, accompanied by Hudson.
- The Jayhawks combined for 23 birdies in the first round of competition alone, including all five Jayhawks collecting a birdie on the 10th hole.
- With a finish at even par, the Quail Valley Collegiate Invitational marks the first time that Kansas did not shoot under-par since the first event of the season.