RCW: Inside Men's Golf 3.12
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Just one stroke off the NCAA record, senior Chase Hanna set a new school low with a 10-under-par, 61, in his second round of the Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic.
Notes QUICK HITS
- Hanna finished the event tied for sixth place, marking the fifth time this season that he has placed inside the top-15.
- The 61 by Hanna tied the course record at the Royal Ka’anapali Golf Club.
- In just the third event of his collegiate career, freshman Andy Spencer earned a tied for 10th place.
- Junior Daniel Sutton finished tied for 17th and set a new career low 54-hole score as a Jayhawk with a 209.
- Sophomore Charlie Hillier was able to make a rare double-eagle on his second hole of the final day.
- The Jayhawks finished the event in sixth place, with the top-seven teams all ranked in the top-40.
- Kansas wrapped up its fall season at the tournament in Hawaii and will take time off before resuming competition in February.