RCW: Inside Men's Golf 3.24
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
With a tie for a fourth-place finish at the Wyoming Desert Intercollegiate, Kansas men’s golf has finished inside of the top-5 four times in its seven events this season.
Notes QUICK HITS
- The field at the Desert Intercollegiate consisted of three top-25 teams in No. 6 Texas Tech, No. 16 Oregon and No. 21 Colorado.
- Junior Daniel Hudson managed to snag a season-best finish as he tied for fifth at 4-under-par for the tournament, his first time in the top-5 this season and fourth in his college career.
- Hudson recorded a 5-under-par 67, on day two, leading the Jayhawks and establishing his season-low round for the season.
- Keeping Kansas in contention in the first round, sophomore Charlie Hillier entered the clubhouse as the only Jayhawk under par, posting a 3-under-par 69.
- All five Jayhawks concluded the second day with rounds at even par or better, led by Hudson’s 67.
- Senior Chase Hanna also managed to go low on day two, recording a 4-under-par 68 with five birdies.
- Turning it on late, Hanna managed to birdie three of his last four holes in the final round to finish the tournament tied for 11th at 2-under-par, recording his sixth top-20 finish this season.