RCW: Inside Men's Golf 3.26
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Freshman Andy Spencer recorded the best finish of his career with a tie for eighth at the Desert Mountain Intercollegiate March 5-6.
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas ended the event tied for fourth place, marking the fifth top-5 finish in eight events so far this season.
- Spencer led the Jayhawks for the majority of the event, finishing the first two rounds at five-under-par.
- Junior Daniel Hudson earned back-to-back finishes within the top-20 after ending the event in a tie for 16th place.
- As the only Jayhawk to finish the final round under par, junior Daniel Sutton became the third Kansas golfer in the top-2- after finding himself tied for 14th on the leaderboard.
- Senior Chase Hanna was unable to find his usual groove and finished at four-over-par for the event, marking only his second finish outside of the top-20 this season.
- The Jayhawks entered the final day in second place, only six strokes behind the leader, Michigan.
- Kansas had a total of 53 birdies as a team in the three-round event.