RCW: Inside Men's Golf 3.31
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Three Kansas golfers, senior Chase Hanna, junior Daniel Hudson and junior Daniel Sutton managed to finish all three of their rounds of the Wyoming Cowboy Classic at even par or better, marking the first time by any Jayhawk this spring.
- Kansas finished the Wyoming Cowboy Classic in second place, its best finish since winning the Bayou City Collegiate Championship October 10-11.
- As the top Jayhawk on the individual leaderboard, Hudson finished the event in a tie for sixth at six-under-par, which is his second top-10 finish this season.
- Hanna continued to add onto his career high regular season top-20 finishes, ending the event in 14th place, marking his eighth finish in the top-20 this season.
- On the final day, the team posted four rounds at even par or better, resulting in three players finishing the tournament inside of the top-20.
- Proving his continued reliability, Sutton improved each round to finish in a tie for fourth at 12 under par.
- This marked Sutton’s second top-20 finish this spring and fifth in his career as a Jayhawk.
- After struggling in his first two rounds, sophomore Charlie Hillier was able to collect four birdies on his way to a final round, 70.
- Sophomore Jake Scarrow played as an individual in the event and improved each round to find himself at one over par in the tournament.
- As a team, the Jayhawks played 60 holes under par, including 59 birdies.