RCW: Inside Men's Golf 3.32
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
With a third-place finish at the Great River Entertainment Invitational, Kansas men’s golf has finished in the top-five in four of its last five events.
- Finishing in fifth place on the individual leaderboard, senior Chase Hanna has finished the last three events in the top-20 as well as accumulating three top-five finishes this season.
- Hanna collected 14 total birdies in his 54 holes, the second most by a competitor in the 82-golfer field.
- Despite a suspension of play due to weather, junior Daniel Hudson was able to play the interrupted second round at 4-under par.
- Hudson has found his groove, finishing the event in a tie for ninth and recording back-to-back top-10 finishes.
- Despite struggles in his first round, freshman Andy Spencer played his second and third rounds at 2-under par and even par, respectively, resulting in a tie for 11th, the third top-20 finish of his short career.
- Junior Daniel Sutton displayed his usual consistency, playing two of his three rounds at even par or better, with all three rounds contributing to the team score.
- Kansas finished in third place, just one stroke behind second-place Iowa and five strokes behind champion Texas Tech.
- The Jayhawks were able to beat fellow Big 12 competitors Iowa State by eight strokes and Kansas State by 23 strokes.