RCW: Inside Men's Golf 3.35
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
The Jayhawks earned an NCAA Regional bid for the second-straight season, the first back-to-back appearances by a Kansas team since the 2003-04 and 2004-05 seasons.
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas finished the event in ninth place, 17 strokes from the final qualifying spot that was claimed by Arizona State.
- On the final day of competition, the Jayhawks had three of five golfers post rounds under par.
- Senior Chase Hanna collected six birdies in his final round to post a 2-under-par 69 on the day.
- With a 6-over-par performance for the tournament, Hanna finished in a tie for 31st in the 75-golfer field, leading the team.
- Posting the best Kansas round of the event, sophomore Charlie Hillier shot only two bogeys with six birdies on his way to a final-round, 67.
- Junior Daniel Sutton played with his usual consistency, contributing to the team score in all three rounds and finishing in a tie for 49th at 10-over par.
- Taking advantage of his first-ever postseason opportunity, freshman Andy Spencer also recorded an under-round par on the final day, entering the clubhouse with a 70.
- Spencer also led the Jayhawks on a slow first day, recording a 1-under-par round.
- Junior Daniel Hudson was able to improve his score in each of the three rounds, finishing the event at 13-over-par and in a tie for 59th.
- Hanna, Hudson and incoming signee, Ben Sigel, have all advanced through the U.S. Open Local qualifying round and will move on to a sectional round, where a high enough finish will qualify for the 2017 U.S. Open.