RCW: Inside Men's Golf 3.4
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Freshman Andy Spencer recorded a three-under-par 69 in his first collegiate tournament, the first time by a freshman dating back to 2004.
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas men’s golf began its season last week in Durham, North Carolina, at the Rod Myers Invitational where it earned a seventh-place finish.
- The Jayhawks ended the first day in fifth place after shooting one-over-par over the first two rounds.
- Kansas was led by sophomore Charlie Hillier who began his weekend with a first round 73, followed by two rounds of 71, to find himself tied for eighth, earning the seventh top-10 finish of his career.
- Senior Chase Hanna finished his first two rounds with a two-under-par, 71, followed by a two-over 74 to finish tied for 15th in the 82-golfer field.
- Hanna has played in every tournament in his time swinging the clubs as a Jayhawk and racked up his 16th top-20 finish.
- Sophomore Jake Scarrow, a transfer from The University of Idaho, placed tied for 53rd in his first event in a Jayhawk uniform.
- Junior Daniel Hudson was able to improve his score by a stroke each day over the course of the event, landing him tied for 40th.
- The Jayhawks will take the next weekend off before heading to Scottsdale, Arizona, where they will compete in the Maui Jim Intercollegiate from Sept. 23-25.