RCW: Inside Men's Golf 3.6
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Senior Chase Hanna recorded all three rounds under par, leading the Jayhawks at the Maui Jim Intercollegiate and finishing in the top-10 for the seventh time of his career.
- The Jayhawks finished fourth out of a 16-team field in their second event of the year at the Maui Jim Intercollegiate in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Hanna finished the event in sixth place, finishing at 10-under-par.
- Hanna was perfect in the second round of play with no bogeys on the scorecard.
- Sophomore Charlie Hillier tied for 16th earning his ninth-career finish in the top 20.
- The Jayhawks started quickly with four out of five team members posting scores under par and ending day one in third place.
- Idaho transfer Daniel Sutton shot a five-under-par, 66, in his first round in a Jayhawk uniform and ended the tournament tied for 40th place.
- In his first collegiate event, Alex Moorman played as an individual and was able to end up at even par for the tournament, including his first ever hole-in-one.
- Racking up two eagles over the course of the event, junior Daniel Hudson was able to maneuver himself into a tied for 34th finish at one-over-par for the event.
- As a team, the Jayhawks dominated par fives, finishing at 12-under-par in just the first day of the event.