RCW: Inside Rowing 3.33
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
The number of points Kansas rowing scored to capture the team trophy and lead the Big 12 to hoist the conference trophy in the three-league Mason Invite on the Occoquan Reservoir in Virginia on Sunday.
Schedule UPCOMING REGATTAS
Dillons Sunflower Showdown vs. Kansas State (April 29)
Notes QUICK HITS
- The Jayhawks teamed up with West Virginia and Old Dominion, recording seven victories in the finals of the George Mason Invitational. The Big 12 Conference dominated the Colonial Athletic Association and Atlantic 10 with 52 total points to claim the scoring title. The A-10 placed second with 30 points and the CAA came in third with 26 points.
- Kansas swept the morning races against the Mountaineers and Monarchs, posting five first-place finishes to move on to each A Final race in the afternoon.
- KU’s First Varsity Eight led the afternoon finals session, pulling ahead of George Washington by four seconds to post another first-place victory.
- The Second Varsity Eight continued to build momentum, crossing the finish line before George Washington by just a second, to add on another first-place finish.
- The Jayhawks will return to the water this weekend, on Saturday, April 29, by hosting the Dillons Sunflower Showdown against K-State. KU is looking to take home the title for the fourth-consecutive year when the two teams meet on Wyandotte County Lake in Kansas City, Kansas. Action is slated to begin at 10 a.m.