RCW: Inside Rowing 3.34
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
The number of points Kansas rowing scored on April 28 to capture the Dillons Sunflower Showdown trophy over Kansas State for the third-consecutive year.
Notes QUICK HITS
- The Jayhawks went head-to-head with the Wildcats in the 20th annual Dillons Sunflower Showdown on the Kansas River, competing in five races.
- KU’s First Varsity Four tallied the Jayhawks’ first points of the evening, finishing ahead of K-State with a time of 6:50.90.
- After the Wildcats’ first-place finish in the Second Varsity Eight race, they led the Jayhawks, 10-3. Kansas still had a chance to prevail with a win from the First Varsity Eight though.
- Down by almost a full length of the boat midway through the race, KU’s First Varsity Eight rallied to come bow-ball to bow-ball with K-State down the stretch of the 1,950-meter course – proving victorious with a time of 6:00.01, less than a second ahead of K-State.
- Following the Dillons Sunflower Showdown victory, KU’s First Varsity Eight boat earned the Big 12 Conference Boat of the Week honors for the second week in a row.
- The Jayhawks travel to Oak Ridge, Tennessee, for the two-day Big 12 Championship regatta, May 13-14, with an automatic bid to the NCAA Rowing Championship on the line.