RCW: Inside Softball 3.25
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Kansas senior Lily Behrmann recorded her 90th-career walk against Tulsa on February 25 to move into a tie for sixth place all-time in Kansas softball history. Behrmann is currently tied with Leah Tabb (1999-2002) and Destiny Frankenstein (2003-06), and needs just four more walks to move into sole possession of fourth on the all-time charts. Stevie Crisosto (2006-09) is currently ranked fifth with 92 walks and Amanda Jobe (2007-10) sits in fourth with 93.
- The Kansas pitching staff has allowed just 26 runs (18 earned) in 99.1 innings of work this season for a team ERA of 1.27. The Jayhawk arms allowed only six runs (three earned) over the weekend in the Cardinal Classic for an impressive 0.62 ERA.
- Sophomore Alexis Reid posted a .035 ERA in four appearances over the weekend. The Blue Springs, Missouri product notched three complete games in the same number of starts and also had a relief appearance on the weekend, allowing just one run in 20 innings pitched.
- Junior Harli Ridling hit the 19th home run of her career on February 25 against Tulsa. With four more home runs, Ridling would move into the top-10 for career home runs in the Kansas record books, tying five players with 23.
- Junior Jessie Roane led Kansas with five RBIs in the Cardinal Classic. Roane went three-for-16 on the weekend with one home run. The home run marked the fifth of the season for Roane, which leads the Jayhawks. She also leads Kansas with 18 RBIs.
- Junior Erin McGinley stole two bases in the Cardinal Classic. She is now 10-for-10 on the season on stolen base attempts. Prior to 2017, McGinley had just three stolen bases in her career.