RCW: Inside Softball 3.26
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Kansas freshman hurler Mandy Roberts improved her pitching record to 3-3 on the season with two wins in the Citrus Classic II in Orlando, Florida, with both victories coming in the same day. Roberts pitched three innings of relief against Purdue without allowing a run as the Jayhawks topped the Boilermakers, 4-3. The Lee’s Summit, Missouri product proceeded to toss three perfect innings in a relief appearance against Mercer for her second win of the day.
Notes QUICK HITS
- Junior outfielder Erin McGinley is a perfect 11-for-11 on stolen base attempts this season. Prior to 2017, McGinley was three-for-three on stolen base attempts, bringing her career total to 14.
- Senior outfielder Lily Behrmann garnered three walks over the weekend in the Citrus Classic II, bringing her season total to a team-high 14. Behrmann has totaled 93 walks in her career, which currently places her in a tie for fourth all-time in the Kansas softball record books alongside Amanda Jobe (2007-10). Behrmann needs 10 walks to move into sole possession of third place in KU history, and 16 to rank second. Current student assistant coach Chaley Brickey tops the chart with 145 career walks.
- Junior Jessie Roane collected three RBIs over the weekend to increase her season total to 21, which is nearly 25-percent of Kansas’ total RBI production. The team has 86 RBIs through the first 21 games, and only two other players have reached double-digits in the category; Behrmann (11) and junior Harli Ridling (11).
- Sophomore pitcher Alexis Reid has tossed eight complete games this season in 13 total appearances, including two over the weekend in Orlando. In 17 appearances last season, Reid was only able to go the distance in six games.
- Junior Amanda Organ led the Jayhawks with a .294 batting average in the Citrus Classic II (minimum 2.5 at bats per game), going five-for-17 and scoring two runs.
- The Jayhawks are currently on a six-game home run drought. Kansas last hit a home run on Feb. 26 against Alabama A&M in the Cardinal Classic hosted by Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas. The Jayhawks hit 11 home runs in the first five games of the season, but that pace has been slowed since, as they have hit just five in the last 16 games.