RCW: Inside Softball 3.30
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Junior catcher Harli Ridling has gunned down 18 base runners attempting to steal a base in 2017, including three last weekend at Oklahoma State.
Notes QUICK HITS
- Last weekend, Kansas hit the road for its first Big 12 road trip of the 2017 season. After going 0-3 at Oklahoma State, KU dropped to 19-17 on the season and 1-5 in league play.
- The Jayhawks will step out of Big 12 Conference action for a midweek matchup with Creighton on Wednesday, April 5. Following the nonconference meeting with the Bluejays, KU will travel to Lubbock for a three-game series with Texas Tech.
- Kansas has the second-best fielding percentage (.973) in the league after committing just 29 errors in 36 games. KU’s fielding percentage also ranks 26th in the nation.
- KU’s offense has hit 29 home runs in 36 games, the second-most long balls by any team in the Big 12. Senior infielder Taylor Dodson leads the squad with six homers, good for fourth in the conference.
- Junior infielder Jessie Roane is Kansas’ RBI leader in 2017 with 30 runs driven in. Roane’s 30 RBIs ranks seventh among hitters in the Big 12. She is also second in the league in doubles recorded with 12.
- Junior Erin McGinley is a perfect 15-for-15 in stolen base attempts this season, which is tied for third-most in the league in stolen bases.
- Sophomore hurler Alexis Reid leads the Big 12 in innings pitched with 135 and one-thirds and shutouts with four. In 22 starts, Reid has posted a 2.28 ERA and struck out a team-best 86 batters.