RCW: Inside Swimming & Diving 3.11
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Kansas started its meet against TCU fast, winning the first seven races en route to a 190-108 win. The Jayhawks took 13 out of the total 16 events.
UPCOMING HOME MEETS
(at Capital Federal Natatorium in Topeka, Kan.)
- Kansas is 3-0 to start the season with victories over North Dakota, Missouri State and TCU. The Jayhawks have won by an average 71-point margin of victory.
- Freshman Haley Downey won two individual events against TCU, making it two-straight multi-win meets for her. She is undefeated in the 100- and 200-yard breaststroke so far in her young collegiate career.
- Downey was joined by sophomores Libby Walker and Haley Bishop, who each won two individual events. Walker took the top spot in the 500- and 1000-yard freestyle while Bishop won the 100- and 200-yard butterfly.
- In the diving well, senior Amanda Maser was again the top Kansas performer, claiming second place in the three-meter competition against the Horned Frogs.
- Kansas improved to 3-0 in meets televised on the Jayhawk Television Network/ESPN3 over the past three seasons, with wins over Illinois, Nebraska and TCU.