RCW: Inside Tennis 3.12
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
The number of combined singles and doubles wins Kansas sophomore Janet Koch earned at the Notre Dame Fall Invitational.
Notes QUICK HITS
- KU sent six players to the Notre Dame Fall Invitational in Notre Dame, Indiana, November 4-6, the last tournament of the fall season.
- Koch’s 6-0 record was a perfect mark for the weekend. Koch won three singles matches and paired with sophomore Anastasia Rychagova to win three doubles matches.
- After losing two on the first day, freshman Maria Toran Ribes went 4-0 on the last two days of the invite to finish with a 4-2 record.
- Sophomore Nina Khmelnitckaia also finished with a 4-2 record, winning all three of her singles matches and a doubles match on the first day.
- Overall for the event, Kansas went 11-7 in singles and 6-3 in doubles.
- The Jayhawks will return to action on January 5 for the Maui Invitational.