RCW: Inside Tennis 3.18
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
The number of doubles losses the Jayhawk tennis team sustained in the three-day Hawaii Spring Invitational. KU posted a combined 8-1 record in doubles play.
UPCOMING HOME MATCHES
Saint Louis (Jan. 20)
Arkansas (Feb. 11)
Notes QUICK HITS
- In total, the Jayhawks compiled a 21-6 combined record against Hawaii and Washington State at the Hawaii Spring Invitational held at the Royal Lahaina Tennis Ranch on the island of Maui.
- KU combined for a 13-5 singles record. Of the five loses, four came in three-set matches.
- Prior to the start of the event, sophomore Anastasia Rychagova was ranked No. 65 in the updated Oracle/ITA Collegiate Tennis Women’s Division I National Rankings.
- Rychagova notched a perfect 3-0 mark in singles play at the Hawaii Spring Invitational, including a 6-2, 7-5 victory over No. 119-ranked Petra Melounova of Hawaii. She also teamed with Janet Koch to collect a 2-1 doubles mark.
- Senior Tess Bernard-Feigenbaum and sophomore Nina Khmelnitckaia paired up in doubles and went 3-0 at the event.
- Freshmen Maria Toran Ribes and Tatiana Nikolaeva were also perfect (3-0) as a doubles tandem.
- Bernard-Feigenbaum, Khmelnitckaia, Toran Ribes and Nikolaeva all combined to post 5-1 records overall, after registering 2-1 singles records.
- The Jayhawks start their spring dual season January 20 when KU hosts Saint Louis at 6 p.m. The event will be the first at the recently completed Jayhawk Tennis Center at Rock Chalk Park.