RCW: Inside Tennis 3.22
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Through five dual matches this season, the Jayhawks have already beaten three teams that were a part of the 2016 NCAA Tournament field.
UPCOMING HOME MATCHES
Arkansas (Feb. 11)
TCU (March 10)
Notes QUICK HITS
- Nina Khmelnitckaia added two more No. 4 singles victories over the weekend, both in three sets. With the wins over North Carolina State and William & Mary, Khmelnitckaia has now won nine of her last 10 singles matches.
- With the score tied 3-3 against the Wolfpack, Maria Toran Ribes defeated her opponent in a three-set match, 6-4, 1-6, 6-4, to seal the 4-3 victory for the Jayhawks. With that win, Toran Ribes is now 6-3 in three-set matches.
- On Sunday, Khmelnitckaia and Tess Bernard Feigenbaum teamed up for a doubles win, which marked their seventh victory in their last eight doubles matches and moved them to an overall record of 13-4.
- Tatiana Nikolaeva topped her opponent, 6-2, 6-0, for her first win of the spring season and put the Jayhawks up 4-1.
- Toran Ribes and her opponent continued into a two-set tiebreaker with William & Mary, earning the point and setting the final score at 4-2.
- The Jayhawks will play the Arkansas Razorbacks at 5 p.m., Saturday, February 11 at the Jayhawk Tennis Center.