RCW: Inside Tennis 3.23
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
The number of consecutive singles wins by Nina Khmelnitckaia.
UPCOMING HOME MATCHES
TCU (March 10)
Texas Tech (March 12)
Notes QUICK HITS
- Over the weekend against Arkansas, Khmelnitckaia won her singles match, 6-4, 6-3, and improved her spring record to 7-1 with an overall record of 13-5 for the 2016-17 season.
- Khmelnitckaia and Tess Bernard-Feigenbaum were recently named the No. 19-ranked duo in the nation. The pair won its match against Arkansas, 6-2, and now have an overall record of 14-4, including a pair of wins over ranked opponents.
- Anastasia Rychagova notched a top-50 win after defeating her Razorback opponent, Shannon Hudson (47), 6-2, 6-3, and is now 6-2 against ranked opponents during the 2016-17 season.
- Tatiana Nikolaeva battled back in a three-set match, winning 4-6, 6-2, 6-2, to earn her second win of dual play and give Kansas its third point in a 4-3 loss to Arkansas.
- Next, the Jayhawks will play at Wichita State on Friday, February 17 at 5 p.m