RCW: Inside Tennis 3.25
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
The number of wins earned by No. 14 Kansas doubles pair Anastasia Rychagova and Maria Toran Ribes against two ranked teams over the weekend in Las Vegas.
UPCOMING HOME MATCHES
TCU (March 10)
Texas Tech (March 12)
Notes QUICK HITS
- Rychagova and Toran Ribes improved to 3-0 over the weekend after topping No. 33 UNLV’s doubles team of Paola Artiga and Anna Bogoslavets on Friday, February 24. The next day, the duo downed No. 24 Tennessee’s pair of Ariadna Riley and Ashley Bongart.
- Nina Khmelnitckaia and Tess Bernard-Feigenbaum moved to 10-2 in spring doubles play and currently hold a 16-5 overall record.
- Toran Ribes clinched the 4-1 match victory at No. 5 singles, defeating her opponent, 6-4, 3-6, 7-5. With the win, Toran Ribes improved to 7-3 when facing opponents in three-set matches.
- Bernard-Feigenbaum improved to 2-0 at the No. 2 singles spot with a 6-0, 7-4 (4) win over UNLV’s Aiwen Zhu.
- The Jayhawks couldn’t rally behind Rychagova and Toran Ribes’ doubles win on Saturday and ultimately dropped the match to the Vols, 4-0.
- Kansas will have nearly two weeks off to prepare for Big 12 Conference play, as the Jayhawks will host TCU Friday, March 10 and Texas Tech on Sunday, March 12. Both matches will take place at the Jayhawk Tennis Center at Rock Chalk Park.