RCW: Inside Tennis 3.28
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
The number of matches No. 17-ranked Kansas won over the weekend in Denton, Texas, at the Waranch Tennis Complex.
UPCOMING HOME MATCHES
West Virginia (March 24)
Iowa State (March 26)
Notes QUICK HITS
- The Jayhawks blanked Columbia in a neutral-site match Saturday, winning 4-0. Sunday, Kansas downed North Texas at home, 6-1.
- Sophomore Nina Khmelnitckaia won both of her singles matches and is now on a four-match win streak. She improved to 11-2 in spring play and 18-7 overall.
- After earning a three-set win, Tess Bernard-Feigenbaum has now won five-consecutive matches and moved to 10-3 in spring play and 19-7 overall.
- No. 74 Anastasia Rychagova topped Columbia’s Solovyev, marking her 20th win of the season. She is now 9-2 in spring play and 20-6 overall.
- The doubles team of Rychagova and Maria Toran Ribes went 2-0 over the weekend and has now won six-straight matches for an overall record of 6-0.
- No. 50-ranked Khmelnitckaia and Bernard-Feigenabaum snapped a three-match losing streak after cruising to a 6-1 victory on Saturday. The duo is now 11-4 in spring play and 17-7 overall.
- Up next, Kansas will resume Big 12 Conference play by hosting West Virginia Friday, March 24 and Iowa State Sunday, March 26.