RCW: Inside Tennis 3.33
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
The number of ranked Big 12 Conference teams Kansas played on the road to end regular-season play.
Notes QUICK HITS
- The Jayhawks traveled to Texas where they faced No. 25 Texas Friday, April 21 on the Whitaker Courts and then stopped in Waco to play the last regular-season match against No. 18 Baylor on Sunday, April 23 at the Hurd Tennis Center.
- Still without a complete lineup, KU had to forfeit the No. 3 doubles match and the No. 6 singles point in both matches.
- The sophomore pair of Anastasia Rychagova and Janet Koch won their first doubles match of the weekend, 6-2. The No. 30-ranked duo of Tess Bernard-Feigenbaum and Nina Khmelnitckaia outlasted their No. 84-ranked opponent on Friday, winning the match and claiming the doubles point for Kansas against UT.
- Although Texas was up, 3-1, the Jayhawks started to rally after Rychagova, Khmelnitckaia and Tatiana Nikolaeva all won their respective second sets to force a third. The comebacks fell short after the Longhorns were able to get the win at the No. 5 spot, clinching the match.
- Sunday, Rychagova and Koch blanked their doubles opponent, winning the only match for Kansas. The duo improved its overall record to 13-7 and is now on a three-match win streak.
- The No. 7 seeded Jayhawks will head to Norman, Oklahoma, for the Big 12 Championship where they will face No. 10 seeded West Virginia at 1 p.m., Thursday, at the Headington Family Tennis Center.