RCW: Inside Tennis 3.6
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Kansas recorded 20 wins (combined singles and doubles) at its first tournament of the season, the Little Rock Invitational.
- The Jayhawks will see all three teams competed against in Little Rock again in the spring. Two made appearances at the 2016 NCAA Tournament – Arkansas and TCU – and conference team, West Virginia.
- Sophomore Anastasia Rychagova won all three singles matches and was named Champion of Flight A. She also went 2-1 in doubles.
- Freshmen Maria Toran Ribes and Tatiana Nikolaeva concluded their first collegiate tournament with a combined 11 wins.
- Toran Ribes and Nikolaeva earned the title of Co-Champions of Flight C singles.
- Senior Tess Bernard-Feigenbaum, a transfer from Purdue, took second in Flight B singles.
- Rychagova, Bernard-Feigenbaum, Janet Koch and Nina Khmelnitckaia will travel to Pacific Palisades, California, to compete in the ITA Women’s All-American Championships the first week of October.