RCW: Inside Tennis 3.9
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Kansas recorded 33 wins (combined singles and doubles) at the ITA Central Regionals presented by Oracle.
- KU sent senior Tess Bernard-Feigenbaum, sophomores Anastasia Rychagova, Janet Koch and Nina Khmelnitckaia and freshmen Maria Toran Ribes and Tatiana Nikolaeva to the 2016 ITA Central Regionals presented by Oracle in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- All six Jayhawks won their first two singles matches to advance to the round of 32.
- Rychagova, Koch and Bernard-Feigenbaum all topped their opponents to advance to the round of 16.
- Bernard-Feigenbaum was eliminated in the quarterfinals Sunday and Rychagova fell in the semifinals Monday.
- Bernard-Feigenbaum and Khmelnitckaia, teaming up for the first time in their careers, advanced all the way to the finals before falling to the No. 36-ranked doubles team nationally in the championship match. The KU duo was 5-1 during the event.
- Koch and Rychagova also teamed up for doubles, but were eliminated in the quarterfinals.
- Overall for the event, Kansas went 22-7 in singles and 11-3 in doubles.