RCW: Inside Women's Basketball 3.12
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
With Kansas’ 81-57 victory over Washburn on Sunday afternoon, the Jayhawks increased their winning streak in exhibition play to 24-straight victories dating back to 2004.
UPCOMING HOME GAMES
Tickets Missouri State (Nov. 13)
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas owns a 7-0 mark against Washburn in exhibition play and a 16-1 record overall versus the Ichabods.
- The Jayhawks are 48-9 in exhibition play dating back to the 1986-87 season and 27-1 when hosting an exhibition game inside Allen Fieldhouse.
- With Sunday’s win, head coach Brandon Schneider improved to 4-0 in exhibition games played inside Allen Fieldhouse.
- Kansas has scored 80 or more points in three of its last four exhibition games, all under Schneider.
- For the second game in a row, Kansas had three or more players net double figures.
- The Jayhawks averaged 89.5 points per game in exhibition play, surpassing last season’s average of 63.9.
- Redshirt junior guard Jessica Washington recorded double figures for the second game in a row. During exhibition play, she averaged 18 points per game. The Tulsa, Oklahoma native reached the double-digit plateau in the first quarter and finished the afternoon with 21 points to lead all scorers.
- Sophomore guard Aisia Robertson contributed 14 points and four assists in Sunday’s game, while recording four rebounds and three steals defensively.
- Senior forward Caelynn Manning-Allen grabbed a game-high eight boards in KU’s victory over the Ichabods.
- Sophomore guard Kylee Kopatich finished the game with 12 points, including a perfect 2-for-2 mark from beyond the arc.