RCW: Inside Women's Basketball 3.13
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Redshirt sophomore guard McKenzie Calvert was one point shy of her career-high 21 points Sunday against Missouri State. She finished the afternoon with a team-best 20 points.
UPCOMING HOME GAMES
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas owns a 38-11 mark in season openers and, under head coach Brandon Schneider, the Jayhawks are 1-1 in regular-season openers.
- In the month of November, KU is 122-44 all-time and has won eight of its last 13 contests in the 11th month of the year. Kansas has a record of 410-177 (.705) in Allen Fieldhouse. Over the last six seasons, Kansas has posted a 65-41 mark on its home court.
- Kansas blocked six shots in its season opener against Missouri State. The last time KU swatted away five or more blocks was against Iowa State on Feb. 2, 2016.
- The Jayhawks’ defense forced one shot clock violation and took three charges against the Lady Bears.
- Senior forward Caelynn Manning-Allen is 1-0 when controlling the tipoff.
- Redshirt junior guard Jessica Washington also netted double figures with 15 points in her debut in the Crimson and Blue.
- Junior guard Chayla Cheadle led Kansas on the glass with a team-high seven rebounds.