RCW: Inside Women's Basketball 3.18
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Kansas recorded 14 assists at Iowa State (1/8), the second-most assists in a single game by the Jayhawks this season.
UPCOMING HOME GAMES
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas is on a four-game losing skid to start its Big 12 Conference schedule, dropping to 6-9 on the season and 0-4 league play.
- KU opens conference action with six of its first seven opponents against a nationally-ranked opponent, including two games against Baylor.
- The Jayhawks forced a season-high 31 turnovers when Texas came to Allen Fieldhouse (1/4).
- The Jayhawks recorded seven blocked shots against the Longhorns, marking the first time to swat away five or more shot attempts since five against Arizona (12/17).
- KU recorded 14 steals inside Hilton Coliseum on Sunday. Kansas has recorded 10 or more steals in a game eight times this season, including three of its last four games.
- On the road Sunday, Kansas dished out 14 assists against Iowa State (1/8), marking the fifth time in its last eight outings to record 10 or more assists in a game.
- Entering Sunday’s game, Kansas was third in the league in offensive rebounds with 14.7, but only recorded nine offensive boards against the Cyclones.
- Redshirt junior guard Jessica Washington led all scorers in the first three games of Big 12 Conference play. She is averaging 16.8 points in league games and 14.1 overall.
- Washington scored 23 points against the Longhorns, her third game this season to finish with 20 or more points.
- Sophomore guard Kylee Kopatich netted back-to-back double-figure efforts last week with 14 against Texas and 10 against Iowa State.
- Redshirt sophomore guard McKenzie Calvert led KU in scoring with 12 points at Iowa State, her first double-digit scoring effort in Big 12 play and ninth of the season.
- Senior forward Sydney Umeri grabbed a season-high nine boards against the Cyclones.