RCW: Inside Women's Basketball 3.19
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Redshirt junior guard Jessica Washington connected on 70 percent (7-of-10) of her attempts from long range at Kansas State last week.
UPCOMING HOME GAMES
Tickets West Virginia (Jan. 18)
Tickets Texas Tech (Jan. 28)
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas faced back-to-back opponents ranked among the top 25 in the country last week. KU started its Big 12 slate playing six nationally-ranked opponents in its first seven games.
- With two losses last week, the Jayhawks dropped to 6-11 on the season and 0-6 in Big 12 play.
- On Wednesday night, KU dished out 14 assists against Kansas State (1/11) and has recorded 10 or more assists in six of its last 10 games.
- On the road against the Wildcats, the Jayhawks shot above average after connecting on 37.5 percent of their shots attempted. On the season, KU is converting 33.5 percent of its shots from the field.
- Last week, Kansas made 17-of-47 (.362) attempts from long range with both redshirt junior guard Jessica Washington and sophomore guard Kylee Kopatich connecting on 40 percent or higher from the 3-point line.
- Washington netted a career-high 31 points against Kansas State behind a 10-of-14 effort, including 7-of-10 from long range.
- Washington has scored double figures 10 times this season and led all scorers in four of her last six outings.
- Washington made seven triples on the road against the Wildcats, one shy of KU’s single game record of eight set in 1996 by Charisse Sampson against Iowa State.
- After connecting on 71.4 percent of her shots in Bramlage Coliseum, Washington recorded her third game shooting 50 percent or better from the field.
- After leading the Jayhawks with 15 points against Baylor (1/15), Washington averaged 23 points on the week behind a 14-of-24 (.583) effort from the floor.
- Kopatich registered her sixth double-figure scoring effort at K-State after scoring 11 points against the Wildcats.
- Kopatich averaged 5.0 boards per game last week, leading the way for Kansas off the glass.