RCW: Inside Women's Basketball 3.22
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
In two starts last week, sophomore point guard Jayde Christopher dished out eight assists, averaging four per game, two shy of her single-game record.
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas went 0-2 on the week after an early road game at Oklahoma (2/1) and a home game for a cause against TCU (2/5).
- KU dropped the 2017 series to Oklahoma with an 89-52 loss inside the Lloyd Noble Center Wednesday and TCU also took the 2017 series with an 80-68 victory in Allen Fieldhouse on Sunday.
- With a pair of losses last week, the Jayhawks fell to 7-16 on the season and 1-11 in Big 12 Conference action.
- Redshirt junior guard Jessica Washington paced KU’s offense last week after averaging 19 points per game.
- Against TCU, Washington netted 27 points, her 17th game to score double-figures this season and eighth to score 20 or more points.
- Washington continues to lead the Big 12 Conference in scoring in league play with 20.3 points per contest. She’s also connecting on 35.8 percent of her shots from the field and 40.5 percent of attempts from long range.
- Sophomore guard Kylee Kopatich averaged 11 points per game last week in two starts.
- Kopatich leads the team in minutes played with 666 total minutes on the hardwood this season. She averages 29 minutes per contest.
- Sophomore guard Jayde Christopher tied her career-best mark after grabbing five rebounds against the Horned Frogs. She also dished out five assists, one shy of her personal best.
- Senior forward Caelynn Manning-Allen scored 14 points in the final regular-season meeting with TCU, tying her season high and came up just one shy of her career high.
- Senior Timeka O’Neal connected on 40 percent of her attempts from long range in the last two games. She currently sits in second place all-time in 3-point field goal percentage after converting 39.4 percent of shots taken from beyond the arc in her career.