RCW: Inside Women's Basketball 3.23
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
In two games last week, Kansas women’s basketball connected on 40.4 percent of its attempts from the 3-point line.
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas went 1-1 on the week after a home contest against Oklahoma State (2/8) and a game at No. 10 Texas (2/11).
- KU evened the 2017 series against Oklahoma State with a 67-49 victory inside Allen Fieldhouse while Texas swept the 2017 series with a 75-42 victory in the Frank Erwin Center on Sunday.
- With a 1-1 mark last week, the Jayhawks moved to 8-17 on the season and 2-12 in Big 12 Conference action.
- The Jayhawks made 43.5 percent of their attempts from the 3-point arc against Oklahoma State, marking the highest 3-point shooting percentage in Big 12 play this season and second time shot above 40 percent from beyond the arc.
- Kansas’ defense held Oklahoma State to just 49 points, the fewest KU has allowed in league play and second time this year to hold a team to under 50 points.
- KU forced the Cowgirls to turn the ball over 25 times, including three shot-clock violations. The game marked Kansas’ fourth game this year forcing at least 25 turnovers.
- Sophomore guard Aisia Robertson led the Jayhawks with 14 points against OSU, her second double-figure scoring effort of the season.
- Senior guard Timeka O’Neal added 13 points behind a 3-for-5 effort from the 3-point line, while redshirt junior guard Jessica Washington contributed 12 points.
- Washington and sophomore Kylee Kopatich combined for eight of KU’s nine triples at Texas (2/11). Kansas has now recorded nine or more 3-pointers nine times this season.
- Washington finished the game at Texas with 15 points, tying for the game-high mark. The Tulsa, Oklahoma native has led all scorers in nine of her 14 Big 12 Conference outings.
- Kopatich concluded the regular-season finale against the Longhorns with 14 points.