RCW: Inside Women's Basketball 3.25
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
In her first season in the Big 12 Conference, redshirt junior guard Jessica Washington has led all scorers in 11 of her 18 league outings in 2017.
Big 12 Championship (March 3-6)
- Kansas concluded the 2017 regular season with a pair of losses to Kansas State on Senior Day (2/25) and at West Virginia (2/27). KU heads into the 2017 Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship with an 8-21 overall record and 2-16 conference mark.
- The Jayhawks will face Oklahoma State in the first round of the conference championship on Friday, March 3, at 8:30 p.m., in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The game will be broadcast on FCS Central.
- Senior forward Caelynn Manning-Allen stole the show on Senior Day after netting a career-high 21 points to lead all scorers against Kansas State (2/25). She finished the game connecting on nine of her 12 attempts from the field.
- Manning-Allen’s 21-point performance in KU’s 2017 home finale marked the first 20-point game for the senior. She has recorded four double-digit scoring efforts in her career.
- Junior guard Chayla Cheadle pulled down a personal-best 16 rebounds against the Wildcats, the most by a Jayhawk since Chelsea Gardner grabbed 16 against West Virginia in 2015.
- On the road against West Virginia (2/27), redshirt junior guard Jessica Washington led all scorers with 18 points. She netted 14 of her 18 points in the second half against the Mountaineers.
- Washington has posted 22 double-digit scoring efforts this year, including 16 in Big 12 Conference action. Additionally, Washington has recorded 10 games with 20 or more points and two with 30 or more.