RCW: Inside Women's Basketball 3.26
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Senior forward Jada Brown tied her career high of 14 points in her final game in the Crimson and Blue.
Notes QUICK HITS
- After a comeback attempt was halted, Kansas fell to Oklahoma State, 79-75, in the first round of the 2017 Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship.
- With the loss, KU ended its season with an 8-22 overall mark and a 2-16 record in league play.
- The Jayhawks’ defense forced 23 turnovers in its final game of the season, marking the 13th time this season to force 20 or more turnovers.
- Kansas swiped 13 steals against OSU, which is two away from its season-high mark. KU has recorded 10 or more steals on 16 occasions.
- Redshirt junior guard Jessica Washington finished the game with 18 points, her 23rd double-digit scoring effort of the season. She went 10-for-10 from the free throw line, marking the second time this year to make all of her attempts from the charity stripe when heading to the line 10 or more times.
- Sophomore guard Kylee Kopatich also netted 18 points against the Cowgirls, including a 2-for-4 mark from the 3-point line. She registered double-digit scoring efforts in 15 games in 2016-17.
- Along with her 14 points, senior forward Jada Brown led the Jayhawks off the glass with six rebounds.