RCW: Inside Women's Golf 3.11
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Freshman Yi-Tsen Chou shot a career-best 75 in the first round of the Cardinal Cup on Sunday, October 23.
- The Kansas women’s golf team competed in the Cardinal Cup, hosted by the University of Louisville, October 23-25.
- The Jayhawks placed 14th in the 17-team field that featured six teams ranked in the top-50.
- Chou, who competed as an individual, had a career-low tournament score of 232.
- Pitsinee Winyarat improved her score by 11 strokes from round one to round two, going from an 84 to a 73.
- As a team, the Jayhawks improved their score in every round, beginning with a first-round 321, a second-round 315 and ending with a third-round 311.
- The Jayhawks travel to Dallas next week to play in the Trinity Forest Invitational hosted by SMU November 7-8.
- Redshirt freshman Xinyun Yu will make her Jayhawk debut at the Trinity Forest Invitational.
- The Trinity Forest Invitational is the last tournament of the fall season. Play will resume at the end of February at the Westbrook Spring Invitational in Peoria, Arizona.