RCW: Inside Women's Golf 3.28
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
The Kansas women’s golf team recorded 31 birdies as a team during the Briar’s Creek Invitational in Johns Island, South Carolina.
Notes QUICK HITS
- The Jayhawks competed in the Briar’s Creek Invitational March 20-21, finishing in 18th place.
- Sophomore Ariadna Fonseca Diaz and freshman Annika Cedo both recorded team-low 73s in the second round of the event.
- Cedo and fellow freshman Yi-Tsen Chou fired a team-leading seven birdies in the 54-hole event.
- Cedo’s second-round 73 was her career-low score.
- After day one, Fonseca Diaz was tied for 41st in the 93-person field.