RCW: Inside Women's Golf 3.29
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Sophomore Ariadna Fonseca Diaz fired a hole-in-one on the par-3 13th hole at the University Club during the first round of the LSU Tiger Golf Classic on Friday, March 24. It was the second ace of her career.
Notes QUICK HITS
- The Jayhawks competed in the LSU Tiger Golf Classic in Baton Rouge, Louisiana March 24-26.
- KU finished in 11th place out of 15 schools competing.
- Due to inclement weather on Saturday, March 25, the tournament format was changed to two rounds on Friday, March 24, and the final round played on Sunday, March 26.
- Following round one, Kansas had two golfers, Diaz and freshman Yi-Tsen Chou, in the top-5, tied for fourth, after shooting one-under 71s.
- Chou finished in a tie for eighth place, her second top-10 finish of the season.
- Junior Pitsinee Winyarat ended round one in the top-20, tying for 18th.
- As a team, the Jayhawks stood alone in fifth place after the first round, shooting a 6-over 294, the team’s best round of the tournament.
- From round one to round three, sophomore Victoria Chandra improved four strokes, shooting a 78 in both of the first two rounds, then following those up with a third-round 74. Chandra also carded her first eagle of the year on the par-4 10th hole.
- As a team, Kansas fired 33 birdies over the 54-hole event.