RCW: Inside Women's Golf 3.31
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Sophomore Ariadna Fonseca Diaz finished third in the Dale McNamara Invitational. The third-place achievement is her second top-five performance of the season and best in her two-year Jayhawk career.
- The Jayhawks competed at the Dale McNamara Invitational in Tulsa, Oklahoma, April 10-11.
- KU finished fifth, its second-consecutive top-five finish after tying for fifth in last week’s Hawkeye-El Tigre Invitational.
- Xinyun Yu fired her first-career eagle on the 12th hole in the third round. Yu and sophomore Victoria Chandra are the only Jayhawks to record an eagle this season.
- Kansas had three top-20 finishers, including Fonseca Diaz (3), Chandra (T14) and Yu (T20).
- After three rounds, KU had two pairs of golfers tied with each other on the leaderboard: Kallie Gonzales and Pitsinee Winyarat, who tied for 33rd, and Chomchana Phuchanbanchob and Yi-Tsen Chou, who tied for 38th.
- Fonseca Diaz fired a 69 in the first round, the lowest one-round score for any Kansas golfer during the Dale McNamara Invitational.
- Yu’s second-round 72 was the young Jayhawk’s career-low score.
- The Dale McNamara Invitational was the final tournament of the 2016-17 season for Kansas.
- Postseason play begins with the Big 12 Championship, April 21-23, in San Antonio, Texas.