RCW: Inside Women's Golf 3.6
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
The number of Jayhawks who either established new career-best rounds or equaled their previous best while competing at the 2016 Schooner Fall Classic.
- Junior Kallie Gonzales ended the event with the best round of her career. Using a great start to her third round with three birdies over her first four holes, she finished with a one-over 72.
- Sophomore Victoria Chandra fired a career-best, one-under 70 to open up the event. She used four birdies during the round to post her top mark.
- Freshman Annika Cedo equaled her top round as a Jayhawk with a 75 on the final day at the Schooner Fall Classic.
- Junior Pitsinee Winyarat was the Jayhawks’ top-overall finisher with a nine-over 222.
- The Jayhawks gained a place in the leaderboard on the final round and climbed past Mississippi State to finish 11th overall.
- Due to the threat of weather, the Schooner Fall Classic was played over two days instead of three. All teams played 36 holes on Saturday instead of the originally scheduled 18.
- The Jayhawks will have nearly four weeks off and will return to competition on October 23 when they travel to the University of Louisville Cardinal Cup.