RCW: Sport Spotlight 4.29 (Men's Basketball)
— Kansas Basketball (@KUHoops) April 1, 2018
Four Big 12 regular-season titles. Two Big 12 Tournament titles. Four NCAA tournament appearances (including three Elite Eights) and an impressive 121-26 overall record. What a ride for our incredible three seniors. #KUbball
A post shared by Kansas Basketball (@kuhoops) on Mar 31, 2018 at 8:15pm PDT
Here are some season-ending notables as Kansas men’s basketball concluded the 2017-18 campaign March 31 at the Final Four in San Antonio:
- Kansas went 31-8, posting its 30 wins for the third-straight year and 15th time in school history. Nine of those 15 have come during the Bill Self era.
- Kansas won its NCAA-record breaking 14th straight, 18th Big 12 and NCAA-leading 61st overall conference title.
- Going 13-5 in Big 12 play, Kansas added to its NCAA record of winning 10 or more league games for the 24th-consecutive year, a streak which started in 1995.
- Kansas won its 11th Big 12 and 15th overall conference postseason tournament title, including eighth in the Bill Self era.
- Kansas went 8-4 against teams ranked in Associated Press top 25, including 4-1 versus top-10 squads.
- Kansas added to its own NCAA Tournament record by appearing in its 29th-consecutive tourney, a streak which started in 1990.
- Since seeding began in 1979, Kansas was a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament for the 14th time, including each of the last three seasons and eight times in the Bill Self era.
- Kansas advanced to its 15th Final Four with three during the Bill Self era (2008, 2012 and 2018).
- KU registered a 21-4 record against teams in the 2018 NCAA Tournament.
- Head coach Bill Self moved into second on the Kansas all-time wins list, currently at 447, in his 15 seasons at KU. He passed Roy Williams (418) early in the season and now trails only Phog Allen (590).
- Kansas broke the single-season 3-point field goals made record with 391 as well as the 3-pointers attempted mark with 974.
- KU set the school single-game record by making 19 3-pointers in the win against Texas Southern on Nov. 21, 2017, in Allen Fieldhouse. KU’s 12 3-pointers in the first half of the contest were also a school record.
- Senior G Devonte’ Graham broke the single-season assists record with 282.
- Graham also set the single-season minutes played record with 1,474.
- Senior G Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk broke the single-season 3-point field goals made record with 115. Graham ended tied for third with 110 3-pointers made.
- Sophomore C Udoka Azubuike set the Big 12 Conference and Kansas single-season field goal percentage record at 77.0 percent (with a minimum of five field goals made per game). His 77.0 percentage ranks as the second-best ever in NCAA history, trailing the 80.0 percent set by Devontae Cacok of UNCW set in 2016-17.