Dwight Coleby Jr.
A 2017 Academic All-Big 12 First Team selection who will graduate from Kansas in May 2017 with a bachelor’s degree in liberal arts and sciences … A transfer from Ole Miss who sat out 2015-16 due to NCAA transfer rules.
• Academic All-Big 12 First Team.
• Averaged 5.6 minutes, 1.7 points and 1.8 rebounds with 12 blocked shots in 24 games played.
• Appeared in the final nine games for Kansas.
• Played in nine Big 12 contests.
• Pulled down four or more rebounds in five games.
• Logged 10-plus minutes in five games, including 13 against Purdue (March 23) in the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16.
• Grabbed four rebounds with three points and one steal in nine minutes against Michigan State (March 19) in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
• Had a season-high 12 points at Texas (Feb. 25) going 5-for-6 from the field with four rebounds and one blocked shot.
• Pulled down a season-high six rebounds in six minutes against Baylor (Feb. 1).
• Fan favorite against Georgia (Nov. 22) where he tied his career high with four blocked shots in playing 20 minutes.
• Sat out during the 2015-16 season due to transfer rules.
• Tore his ACL in October 2015 and was not able to practice with KU.
2014-15 (SOPHOMORE AT OLE MISS)
• Played in all 34 games with three starts.
• Averaged 5.4 points, 4.8 rebounds, 0.9 blocked shots and 16.5 minutes per game.
• Shot 53.2 percent from the floor (67-of-126) and 79.7 percent from the line (51-of-64).
• Ranked second on the team in field goal percentage (.532) and blocked shots (29).
• Third in rebounding (4.8 rebounds per game).
• Scored in double figures six times and had one double-digit rebounding game.
• Had 11 points, nine boards and three blocked shots at Florida (Feb. 2).
• Scored 10 points with six rebounds and a career-high four blocked shots vs. Florida (Jan. 24).
• Posted first career double-double with a career-high-tying 12 points and 10 boards in a win at No. 19 Arkansas (Jan. 17).
• Tallied 10 points and eight rebounds vs. LSU (Jan. 14).
• Scored 12 points against Austin Peay (Jan. 3).
• Scored 10 points and pulled down three boards in a win at Oregon (Dec. 7).
2013-14 (FRESHMAN AT OLE MISS)
• Played in 28 games with four starts.
• Averaged 2.4 points and 1.9 rebounds per game in 10.4 minutes of action.
• Shot 47.1 percent from the floor (24-of-51), 52.6 percent from the charity stripe (20-of-38) and had 18 blocked shots.
• Scored a season-high 10 points and pulled down three rebounds in the season finale against Georgia (March 14).
• Posted eight points and six boards in a win over Vanderbilt (March 8).
• Recorded five points and pulled down a season-best seven rebounds at Arkansas (March 5).
• Averaged 20 points, 15 rebounds, three assists and five blocked shots his senior season for coach Lemuel Jones at The Piney Woods School.
• Ranked the No. 2 overall player in Mississippi by ESPN100.
• Earned first team all-state and first team all-metro honors in 2013.
• Named to the Clarion-Ledger Dandy Dozen team in 2012.
• Also lettered in track.
• Graduated from the University of Kansas in May 2017 with a bachelor’s degree in liberal arts and sciences.
• Born Dwight Jacoby Coleby on Jan. 16, 1994 in Nassau, Bahamas
• Son of Dwight Coleby Sr.