Graduated from Kansas in May 2016 with a bachelor’s degree in sports management and is pursuing his MBA … A fan favorite who played in 46 games for his career with one start (Senior Night). Kansas went 44-2 in his 46 games played … A five-year player who had a redshirt in 2013-14 due to injury … Won five Big 12 regular-season titles, two Big 12 Tournaments, advanced to three NCAA Tournament Sweet 16s and two Elite Eights, and won a gold medal at the 2015 World University Games … In his five seasons at KU, the Jayhawks went 147-35 (80.8 winning percentage), including 75-3 (96.2) in Allen Fieldhouse … Played in six NCAA Tournament games during his career with Kansas posting a 6-0 record in those contests.
• Academic All-Big 12 First Team [2016-17]
• Academic All-Big 12 Rookie Team [2012-13]
• Athletic Director’s & Big 12 Commissioner’s Honor Rolls [fall 2012, spring 2014]
• Appeared in 14 games with one start on Senior Night against Oklahoma (Feb. 27).
• Averaged 2.0 minutes per game.
• Played in five of the final nine games of the season.
• Scored a career-high five points against UC Davis (March 17) in the opening round of the 2017 NCAA Tournament.
• Appeared in 14 games averaging 2.1 minutes per contest.
• Played in four league contests.
• Played in two postseason games: vs. Kansas State (March 10) in the Big 12 Championship and vs. Austin Peay (March 17) in the NCAA Tournament.
• Scored three points against Loyola (Dec. 1).
• Had four assists on the season, including one against Austin Peay (March 17).
• Appeared in seven games.
• Recorded an assist against Rider (Nov. 24).
• Scored KU’s last points with a layup against Kent State (Dec. 30).
• Logged two minutes in the win at Texas Tech (Feb. 10).
• Checked into his second NCAA Tournament game of his career against New Mexico State (March 20).
• Utilized a medical redshirt.
• Played in 11 games, including four conference contests.
• Dished out an assist vs. West Virginia (March 2).
• Tallied two points and one rebound against Texas (Feb. 16).
• Had a rebound and an assist vs. American (Dec. 29).
• Scored first-career points against Colorado (Dec. 8).
• Saw first action of career vs. Washington State (Nov. 19).
• Played in one game on KU’s Europe trip to Switzerland and Paris in August 2012 … Logged four minutes and made his only shot attempted in the final game of the trip.
2015 World University Games
• Played in three games in winning the gold medal at the 2015 World University Games in Gwangju, Korea.
• Logged five minutes in the victory versus Chile.
• Made a 3-pointer in playing 18 minutes in the win against Switzerland.
• Played two minutes in the quarterfinal victory versus Lithuania.
• Graduated from the University of Kansas with a bachelor’s degree in sport management in May 2016.
• Averaged 3.9 points and 1.3 rebounds per game as a senior at Free State High School in Lawrence.
• Played for head coach Chuck Law.
• Member of the National Honor Society and Principal’s Honor Roll.
• Born Tyler Kelly Self in Tulsa, Oklahoma
• Parents are Bill and Cindy Self… Has one sister, Lauren, who graduated from KU in May 2013.