2015 Spirit Day Set for Sept. 12
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas Athletics and the KU Spirit Squad will celebrate its annual Spirit Day on Saturday, Sept. 12, before and during the Jayhawks’ football game vs. Memphis. Kickoff from Memorial Stadium between the Jayhawks and Tigers is set for 6 p.m.
Cheerleaders, dancers or just fans of KU, ages 4 to 18, are invited to take part in Spirit Day. Participants will cheer with the KU Spirit Squad during the first half of the game. Prior to kickoff, a Spirit Day clinic will be held on the Hill, followed by a tailgate meal. Registration starts at 3 p.m., the clinic begins at 3:30 p.m., and runs until 4:30 p.m.
Spirit Day Details:
- Participants can be cheerleaders or dancers. Or just fans of KU!
- Participants will cheer first half of the game on September 12, 2015.
- Game time is 6 p.m.
- A clinic will be provided prior to game on the hill. Registration starts at 3 p.m., the clinic begins at 3:30 p.m., and runs until 4:30 p.m.
- Ages 4 to 18 are permitted.
- All participants would need to be picked up at the START of halftime from the North Bowl.
- Meet at Memorial Stadium – NORTHWEST CORNER – Spirit Squad tent outside of stadium. MAP WILL BE PROVIDED OF LOCATION for check-in.
- A tailgate meal will be provided on the Hill at tent location from 4:30 – 5 p.m. – dietary restrictions must be submitted upon registration and an email sent to email@example.com.
- Participants will line up at the South end of Stadium at 5:15 p.m.
- Participants/Coaches will wear the Spirit Day shirt on the field and during game
- All participants will remain in the “Bowl” area during their duration on the field.
- No food or drink is allowed on the field/track during the game. Only water bottles. Please do not forget to bring water bottles, rain jackets (just in case) warm jackets if weather is cool. Hats, gloves, etc.
- No parents are allowed on the field at any time only coaches.
- Parents will meet their child at the start of halftime in the North end zone. All participants may stay and watch the remainder of the game in the stands.
- Attire can be cheer uniforms, warm-ups, shorts, t-shirts, tennis shoes. WITH SPIRIT DAY SHIRT OVER UNIFORMS.
- Hair must be worn out of face, NO JEWELRY. This included earrings of any sort. AACCA safety rules.
- KU Cheer and Rock Chalk Dancers will be cheering in end zone with participants to ensure safety of participants.
- Participants do not need a game ticket.
- Additional tickets can be purchased for $15 per ticket – when your register you can pay for additional tickets, up to four (4) per participant.
- Tickets are limited to each participant and cannot be resold.
- Purchased tickets will be picked up at check-in for the clinic along with T-shirt.
- T-Shirt sizes will not be guaranteed after the Sept. 1, 2015 deadline.
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Kansas Spirit Squad appreciates your support of Kansas football and we encourage all to have FUN, but we always keep in mind safety and sportsmanship. We hope that this is a fun experience for all. ROCK CHALK!