Kansas Spirit Day Set for Sept. 20
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas Athletics and the KU Spirit Squad will hold its annual Spirit Day on Saturday, Sept. 20 during the Jayhawks’ football game vs. Central Michigan. Due to television broadcast schedules, kickoff time is not announced until approximately 10 days prior to gameday. An updated schedule of events and final details for Spirit Day will be provided once game time has been determined.
Preliminary Spirit Day Details:
- Participants can be cheerleaders or dancers. Or just fans of KU!
- Participants will cheer first 1/2 of the game. September 20, 2014
- Game time is 2:30 p.m.
- A clinic will be provided prior to game on the hill. Registration starts at 12 p.m., the clinic begins at 12:30 p.m. and runs until 1:15 p.m.
- Schedule and final details will be provided once game time has been posted.
- Ages 4 to 18 are permitted.
- All participants would need to be picked up at the START of 1/2 time from the North Bowl.
Meet at Memorial Stadium – NORTHWEST CORNER – Spirit Squad Tent outside of stadium MAP WILL BE PROVIDED OF LOCATION.
- Sack Lunches will be provided on the Hill at tent location – dietary restrictions must be submitted upon registration and an email sent to email@example.com.
- Participants will line up at the South end of Stadium time to be determined once game time is set.
- Participants/Coaches will wear the Spirit Day shirt on the field and during game
- All participants will remain in the “Bowl” area during their duration on the field.
- No food or drink is allowed on the field/track during the game. Only water bottles. Please do not forget to bring water bottles, rain jackets (just in case) warm jackets if weather is cool. Hats, gloves, etc.
- No parents are allowed on the field at any time only coaches.
- Parents will meet their child at the start of ½ time in the North end zone. All participants may stay and watch the remainder of the game in the stands.
- Attire can be cheer uniforms, warm-ups, shorts, t-shirts, tennis shoes. WITH SPIRIT DAY SHIRT OVER UNIFORMS.
- Hair must be worn out of face, NO JEWELRY. This included earrings of any sort. AACCA safty rules.
- KU Cheer and Rock Chalk Dancers will be cheering in end zone with participants to ensure safety of participants.
- Participant do not need a ticket.
- Additional tickets can be purchased for $15 per ticket – when your register you can pay for additional tickets up to 4 per participant.
- Tickets are limited to each participant and cannot be resold.
- Purchased tickets will be picked up at check-in for the clinic along with T-shirt.
- T-Shirt sizes will not be guaranteed after the September 1, 2014 deadline.
The Kansas Spirit Squad appreciates your support of Kansas football and we encourage all to have FUN, but we always keep in mind safety and sportsmanship. We hope that this is a fun experience for all. ROCK CHALK!