Hometown Prairie Village, Kan.
High School Shawnee Mission East
Son of Jeff and Jenny Spencer … Has two siblings, PJ and John … Majoring in business finance.
2018-19 | JUNIOR
- Played in all 11 of the team’s events.
- Recorded 15 rounds even or under par.
- Academic All-Big 12 First Team.
- Finished 4-1-0 at the Big 12 Match Play Championship in the fall.
- Qualified for the 2019 U.S. Amateur at Pinehurst Country Club in Pinhurst, North Carolina, by finishing in the top three in Colorado with a score of 6-under par.
2017-18 | SOPHOMORE
- Competed in all 14 of team’s events
- Led the team with a round average of 71.63
- Leads team with 20 rounds under-par
- Finished in the top-20 on nine occasions, four of those in the top-5
- Finished second at the Badger Invitational, where his second-round 65 was the lowest round of his career
- 54-hole total of 203 at the Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic is tied for the sixth-best total in program history
- Champion of the 2018 Tom Watson Challenge (2nd time)
- Academic All-Big 12 First Team
2017 | SUMMER
- Won the 2017 Watson Challenge by seven strokes over former Kansas teammate Chase Hanna.
2016-17 | FRESHMAN
- Shot in the 60’s in the first round of his college career at the Rod Myers Invitational
- Competed in 10 events on the season
- His eighth place finish (213 score) at the Desert Mountain Intercollegiate in Scottsdale, Arizona was the best amongst Jayhawks
- Recorded a 65 in the final round of his individual showing at the Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic
SHAWNEE MISSION EAST HS
- Won the 2015 Kansas Class 6A State Championship at Carey Golf Course in Hutchinson, Kansas
- Finished runner-up for the state title in 2016 as a senior
- Twice named the Kansas City Star’s All-Metro Boys Golfer of the Year in 2015 and 2016
- Awarded the Kenneth Smith Award, which is given to a Kansas City area male and female golfer who demonstrates excellence in performance, academic achievement, leadership and community service
- As a senior, finished in the top two of seven of the nine tournaments he played in
- Won the Shawnee Mission Northwest, Shawnee Mission East and Lawrence Free State Invitationals, all with scores of 72 or lower in his final season
- In his final tournament for SM East, he shot 70 at Manhattan Country Club and led the Lancers to a team state title – their second-straight
- Set a school record with a 71.2 stroke average during junior season
- Won the 2015 American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) at the Kansas City Country Club