Jayhawks conclude busy weekend of split squad action
The Kansas men’s and women’s track & field teams wrapped up a weekend of split squad action, competing at the Texas Relays in Austin, Texas, the Florida Relays in Gainesville, Florida and the Oral Roberts Invitational in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Saturday.
Kansas freshman Rylee Anderson made her outdoor debut at the Texas Relays, where the Longmont, Colorado native cleared 1.77 meters (5-9.75 ft.) in the high jump, finishing seventh in Section A of the event and becoming the No. 9 performer in KU women’s history.
The Jayhawks recorded three wins at the Oral Roberts Invitational, with freshman Jake Ralston winning the men’s 5,000-meter run (15:07.28), sophomore Anna Siemens winning the 400-meter dash with a personal-best performance of 55.29 seconds, and the women’s 4×400-meter relay team of Chloe Akin-Otiko, Mariah Kuykendoll, Siemens and Courtney Griffiths taking the top time at 3:48.47.
- Freshman Cordell Tinch made his outdoor debut in the high jump, clearing 2.09 meters (6-10.25 ft.) to tie for 10th in Section A at the Texas Relays.
- The women’s 4×400-meter relay team of Jedah Caldwell, Nicole Montgomery, Marleena Eubanks and Honour Finley placed seventh in the Sanya Richards-Ross Invitational section at the Texas Relays with a time of 3:43.36.
- Freshman Dylan Miller finished runner-up to Ralston in the men’s 5,000 meters with a PR time of 15:08.73.
- Kansas had three women finish in the top-five of the 800-meter run, with Avryl Johnson placing second (2:13.01), Griffiths taking third (2:14.48) and Jana Shawver running a PR time of 2:16.50 to place fifth.
- Lisa Lauschke placed fifth in the 1,500-meter run with a PR time of 4:48.81.
The Jayhawks will travel to Baton Rouge, Louisiana for the Battle on the Bayou hosted by LSU, April 6 at the Bernie Moore Track Stadium.
KUAthletics.com: The official online source for Kansas Athletics, Williams Education Fund contributions, tickets, merchandise, multimedia, photos and much, much more.