Parking is also available in the parking garage north of Allen Fieldhouse by using the License Plate Recognition System. Instead of using gates and pulling tickets upon entry/paying at exit, license plates will be scanned upon entrance and exit and those parking in the garage are expected to either have a valid permit linked to their plate or pre-pay for parking upon arrival using a pay station or the ParkMobile app. More specific directions are as follows:
- Take a picture of your license plate, or write your plate information down, and proceed to the pay station within 15 minutes of entering the garage to pre-pay for parking.
- Another option is to pre-pay for your parking time using the ParkMobile app.
- Failure to pre-pay for the length of time you will be parked in the garage will result in a ticket being issued.
- It is important that license plates are parked facing the drive lane in garages as is required in surface lots. Failure to park with your license plate clearly visible from the driving lane will result in a ticket being issued.
- Payment can be made at pay stations with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card or with cash. Pay stations are unable to give change, so be sure to have exact change if paying cash.
- Pay stations can be found at: Allen Fieldhouse Parking Garage: Level 1 South Stair Tower or Level 3 Lobby (Parking Office)
Women’s basketball season parking garage passes are also available for purchase through the KU Parking Office for $60.