Jayhawks head to South Carolina for Briar's Creek Invitational
LAWRENCE, Kan. – The Kansas women’s golf team heads to South Carolina Monday-Tuesday (March 18-19) for the Briar’s Creek Invitational in John’s Island, South Carolina. The 54-hole event will tee off at the par-72, 6,101-yard Golf Club at Briar’s Creek with 36 holes of play on Monday starting at 9 a.m. Final round action continues on Tuesday with 18 more holes starting at 7:45 a.m.
The Jayhawks face off against a 17-team field including four teams in the Women’s Golf Coaches Association (WGCA) top-25 poll including No. 20 Furman, No. 21 Michigan State, No. 22 Clemson and No. 25 Illinois. The rest of the field includes Boston College, Campbell, Charleston Southern, College of Charleston, East Carolina, Georgetown, Indiana, Long Beach State, Middle Tennessee, Old Dominion, Penn State and UNC Asheville.
Kansas will utilize a lineup during the two-day tournament including Sera Tadokoro, Pear Pooratanaopa, Yi-Tsen Chou, Chomchana Phuchanbanchob, Aristelle Acuff annd Abby Glynn rounding out the lineup as an individual.
Hosted by the College of Charleston, 2019 marks the third-consecutive year the Jayhawks have competed at the event.
Live scoring can be found at www.Golfstat.com.
- Sophomore Sera Tadokoro leads the team in scoring average (73.53), followed by junior Yi-Tsen Chou (73.67) and senior Ariadna Fonseca Diaz (73.87)
- Junior Yi-Tsen Chou leads the team in birdies with 50
- Chou has registered rounds of even par or better eight times this season (14 times total in career)
- Senior Chomchana Phuchanbanchob has registered rounds of even par or better six times this season (13 times total in career)
- Tadokoro has registered rounds of even par or better four times this season (nine times total in career)