🏀 Kansas Basketball to Celebrate 125 Years on Jan. 14
LAWRENCE, Kan. – The winningest program in college basketball history, Kansas, is celebrating its 125th year of play during the 2022-23 season and will host a 125th reunion on Saturday, Jan. 14 when the Jayhawks host Iowa State in historic Allen Fieldhouse. The game will feature an on-court recognition honoring past Jayhawks in attendance. Additionally, the first 5,000 fans in attendance will receive a commemorative pennant celebrating 125 years of Kansas Basketball.
In 1997-98, Kansas basketball celebrated its rich tradition by recognizing its 100th season of existence and every five years since, KU has hosted reunions bringing back coaches, players and staff.
The Iowa State contest on Jan. 14, which will start at 3 p.m. (Central) and be televised on Big 12 NOW via ESPN+, will feature recognitions throughout the contest. Ticket information for the Iowa State game and other remaining home games in Allen Fieldhouse can be found here.
- Is the all-time winningest program with 2,368 victories
- Has won six NCAA national championships, four in the NCAA era (1922, 1923, 1952, 1988, 2008, 2022)
- Has had only eight head coaches in its 125 seasons
- Has won an NCAA-record 63 overall conference regular-season titles, including an NCAA record 14-consecutive from 2005-2018
- Has 31 Consensus All-America First Team selections, the most in NCAA Division I
- Has 21 Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame members
- Has 24 retired jerseys
- Has 39 current consecutive winning seasons beginning in 1983-84, the longest active streak in the NCAA
- Has 342 consecutive sellouts in Allen Fieldhouse dating back to the second game of the 2001-02 season
- Has posted 16 seasons of 30 or more wins, which tied for the most in NCAA history